We never knew until we became parents that there was such a thing as "sleep training." Who would have known you had to be taught HOW to sleep? As adults, we look forward to sleep because we often do not get enough of it. Babies, not so much.
It took us until Leila was 9 1/2 months old until she began sleeping through the night. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact she is so small, and was just hungry. We have had her on a very strict schedule since she was very young, with an unwavering bed time of 7:30 p.m. She is (almost) always ready for bed by then, and will lay down on the floor to signify she is ready to go to sleep.
Well, last night I was at church so Patrick was putting Leila down to sleep. He said she came up to him, signed "sleep" a few times, then took his hand and led him to her bedroom so he could put her in her bed because she wanted to go to sleep. Isn't that adorable?? I wish I could have seen it. She is a very good sleeper now, but we still maintain a strict sleep schedule.
Leila loves her vacuum her bf Avery got her for her birthday. It makes real vacuum noises when she "helps" mommy clean the floors



No comments:
Post a Comment