We spent this New Year's at the McKinney's ranch. It was a bit disasterous in that the rocky hill country is not exactly ideal for toddlers learning to walk. The house itself was not ideal either, as it is filled with guns, knives, and ammunition. Hmm.
I must say Leila's Mimi and Dude did as much as they possibly could to help me. One morning Leila was not in her bed and after my heart dropped to the floor I thought to look in their room, and there she was, snuggled in bed watching Fox News with her grandparents. I wish I had a picture it was so darn cute. She was perfectly content too, so I am thrilled we have reached the point to where she is comfortable enough with both sets of her grandparents to stay with them and not need mommy and daddy.
She really loved the ranch, and the weather was cold but not uncomfortably so. The first day she fell and scraped her forehead (blood.) The second day she fell and cut the side of her face open near her eye (lots of blood.) Later that day she fell on the porch and busted her lip (more blood), at which point Patrick banned her from going outside again. She healed very quickly, thankfully.
Check out her adorable hunting clothes... Camo skirt? Check. Pink cowboy boots? Check. Fake fur trim on coat, check...



No comments:
Post a Comment