Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Night, night mama

Sometimes you just want to hold on and not let go... Babyhood is ending so quickly (my friend April says you can call them "a baby" until they're 2, lol) and while I love each new stage, the baby in them is what melts my heart. Leila still rubs her hair when she is tired like she did as a baby and still smack on her paci while sleeping like she did when she was a baby, and I love that!

Tonight she did a "big girl" thing and didn't even know it. When I put her to bed, I said "Night, night sweetheart" like I always do but tonight she said back, "Night, night mama." That melts my heart to for a different reason, that she is growing up. Thank goodness Patrick is out of town or he would make so much fun of me for getting teary-eyed over something like that, lol.


Here are some of her 18-month portraits, and compare these to her 6-month portraits. Is that the same girl??










3 comments:

  1. These 18 month pictures are just ADORABLE!!! She looks so cute and happy, what great smiles for the camera! I have to agree that they are growing up way to fast...what a huge change from a year ago!!! Just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, what a moment of precious leila still being your baby and growing up at the same time. what a little angel. my, this is the sweetest thing ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new photos! she's growing up but she'll always be your precious baby :)

    ReplyDelete