Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 10, 2010

All growed up

My sister Lisa came to stay with us during the time we have been having all of these thunderstorms. As Leila (supposedly) napped, we watched Friends reruns downstairs and chatted. Then we heard some thunder, only Lisa did not think it was thunder. I listened closely to the baby monitor, and did not hear anything else so I did not go upstairs to check on my sleeping beauty. When I eventually went to wake Leila from her nap, my heart dropped when I saw she was not in her bed. I looked around, and there was my little princess, sound asleep in her rocking chair.

Apparently, Leila either climbed or fell out of her crib and was still sleepy so climbed into her chair for a nap! I have been asking her what happened, and all I can get out of her is that she did fall and her teeth were hurt (UPDATE: 2 year molars were coming in!)

Needless to say, that evening we converted her crib to a toddler bed. We were a bit worried about night wandering in her room, but explained she needed to stay in her big girl bed. She is thrilled to have a big girl bed and climbed in and out over and over. The first evening we both checked on her during the night and she stayed in there. When I went to get Leila in the morning, she was sitting in her bed, playing with her toys. She had brought some more toys into her bed but was waiting for me to get her like I do every morning. Precious!







1 comment:

  1. She looks so grown up! We are waiting until around the 2nd birthday to do this transition...although this story has inspired me to do it sooner! We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete