Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

An Ode to Pink Paci, may she rest in peace

Dear Pink Paci,

I love you in the morning,

I love you in the night.

I love you most when I am sleepy,

And also when I am outside.

I loved you from the first day,

And I will miss you more then I can say.
R.I.P Pink Paci
08/03/08 - 10/5/10


(P.S. I do not love the substitute pacifier in my mouth, but she will have to do since you are gone.)

6 comments:

  1. And here I thought you were announcing she was paciless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so close... The only pacis left are basically rejects but in her time of need she is making do. We consider this an organic process so once they are gone, they're gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. When we gave up the paci - Claire took up her finger and I was devastated. We are now finger free too. My sister is a firm believer of bye bye paci at 6 mos and as hard as it was I can see why but Carmel only had one rough night of it so I didn't think it was too bad...it was just Claire sucking her finger which drove me insane. A trip to the dentist made her stop that habit back in July.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We assumed she would need dental work anyway (doesn't everyone??) so I am trying not to worry about the overbite a paci potentially could cause. It is just that she is (was?) SO attached to them, and having her physically throw the last one away was a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, don't worry! I have 6 of them for her! Will give them to you in a few weeks, when I see you again. haha! In all seriousness, I bet it will be a matter of days before she is over it. Good for you! I took Lillian's away last week and it was so easy. Wish I would have done the same with Ryan. All of his are starting to get holes in them so I think it will be an organic process for us also. Ryan calls the ones with holes "broken". So, pretty soon they will all be broken and the store will not sell us anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post, so cute. Glad that she is doing well, we still have to break our paci addict over here and I am terrified...hence I keep putting it off!!!!

    ReplyDelete